PreCanPower Fees, Policies & Refund Information
PreCanPower is an action-packed, high-energy instructional power skating program geared to hockey and ringette skaters that focuses on balance, power, agility, speed, and endurance. Skills, techniques, and conditioning drills are taught in a progressive format that emphasizes how the skills apply to game situations.
By registering online all skaters/parents agree to all SMSC policies, Skater’s Code of Conduct, and Athlete’s Release as outlined in the online waiver prior to registration.
Schedule is subject to revision based on skater registration should the SMSC Board of Directors deem it necessary. SMSC cannot guarantee that all sessions will be held at Meadowvale-4-Rinks on Rink 3. Due to maintenance, over booking, or other reasons, the City may relocate SMSC to another rink.
Skate Canada Membership Fees
When you sign up for a skating program at our club, you are required to also become a member of Skate Canada. This annual fee is valid for the whole season from September 1 to August 31 (you will only pay it once during a season, no matter how many PreCanPower or other sessions you register for). It includes insurance coverage, along with access to all Skate Canada programs.
This fee does not stay with the club, but is sent on to Skate Canada in Ottawa. For more information about Skate Canada, visit www.skatecanada.ca.
- Refund amounts are based on the date of receipt of written notice, submitted during a PreCanPower session or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include the skater and parent's name(s), skating day, address, and the reason for withdrawal.
- There is no refund for lessons completed prior to receipt of a written notice, regardless of attendance, or for any lessons that take place within 48 hours after the notification is received.
- All refunds are subject to a $10 processing fee (or $20/family if siblings withdraw at the same time) per session.
- Skate Canada membership fees are non-refundable.
- Withdrawal credits will only be considered for medical reasons, at the discretion of the Board of Directors. Credit notes, for future classes, are valid for 1 year.
Registration is done online at www.smfsc.ca.
- Payment: Must be made via either Visa or Mastercard.
- Unused credit notes: Previous members with credit notes must contact the club at email@example.com, prior to registering, and ask to have the credit applied to their account. Allow 2 days for a response.