SMSC Fundraising and Volunteering
SMSC is a non-profit organization run by volunteers. All STARSkater families must contribute to the operation of our club through volunteering and fundraising. Your registration can only be processed once you confirm these commitments at time of registration.
Volunteering: A parent is asked to make a commitment of 5 hours over the course of the full season (before May 30), and the options include volunteering at:
- CanSkate registration (October, January & March)
- Family Fun Skate (December)
- CanSkate report card day (December, March & May)
- Ice Show (every 2 years)
- End of the year cleaning (May)
- or other activities throughout the season.
At time of registration, a volunteering buy-out charge of $250 will apply to your registration, but it WILL NOT be processed until the end of the season (May 30). Once you complete your volunteer activity, it should be reported to the Volunteer Coordinator (firstname.lastname@example.org) and the $250 volunteer charge will be waived.