SMSC Year-End Banquet
This is one of the highlights of the year for our STARSkaters. We celebrate successes and recognize all the hard work and achievements of our skaters over the last season.
This evening event features a sit-down dinner, followed by the presentation of awards. Our skaters who have achieved Gold in any of the four disciplines (skills, free skate, dance or interpretive) are recognized, as well as those skaters who have represented SMSC in at least three competitions.
Dress code is business casual (no jeans please). Our female skaters usually wear their favourite dresses and the male skaters sport their favourite dress shirt & pants.
Skaters who are 13 years of age or younger must be accompanied by an adult.
Please Note: To attend the Banquet regardless of arrival time , a ticket must be purchased.
About the Awards
This event is an evening dedicated to acknowledging the hard work, commitment and achievement of our skaters. They are recognized for their volunteer commitment as well as their skating achievements in testing and competition.
Awards are presented to Skaters who qualify under the following categories:
- Represent SMSC at 3 or more Competitions. The Ice Show will count as 1 competition when applicable.
- Represent SMSC at the Skate Ontario Sectionals Championships
- Qualify for the Skate Ontario Provincials Championships
- Qualify for the Skate Canada National Championships
- Qualify for the Skate Ontario or Skate Canada Adult Championships
- Qualify for Special Olympic Events
- Achieve a Gold Certificate for one or more of the four Disciplines: Free Skate, Dance, Skills or Interpretive
- Achieve a Diamond Certificate for Dance
- Special Awards are presented to skaters who achieved Triple Gold or Quadruple Gold
For clarification: Represent / Qualify is defined as a skater who
- qualified for,( i.e. is on Skate Ontario's Final Ranking List for the Provincial competition)
- paid all associated fees,
- Skated / participated on behalf of SMSC
- Skaters who could not attend due to extenuating circumstances will have their Coach present all relevant information to the Board for consideration.
- Skaters will only receive one award for their competition achievements.
- Skaters who qualify for the Sectionals, Provincials, Adult Nationals or Special Olympics Award will receive a special award for their accomplishments.
- Skaters who qualify for Triple or Quad Gold (Assessment achievement) will also receive the competition award for which they have qualified