Fall/Winter 2018 - 2019
To be a member in good standing at our Club, STARSkaters must skate a minimum of TWO regular sessions per week. Only skaters who register for 2 or more sessions are able to test and participate in club activities.
****In addition to the lesson fees shown below, each participant must pay:
- $36 Skate Canada membership fee, payable once per skating season (due upon registration).
- $75 Administration fee to cover online registration,website hosting, credit card processing as well as banking fees (due upon registration).
- $50 Fundraising support per family.
- $60 Non-Resident fee, payable once per skating season for all non-Mississauga residents (due upon assessment or residency by administrators).
- Changes to registrations after September 11, 2018 will be subject to a $25 processing fee. Once a change is made, this change is considered final and further changes will not be accepted. THIS FEE WILL BE ENFORCED. There will be no fee to add a session.
- All regular session fees can either be paid in full up front or in the following installments:
- 40% due upon registration
- 20% due on October 6, 2018
- 20% due on December 6, 2018
- 20% due on February 6, 2019
- All fees can be paid online by credit card or by cheque within 3 days of registration. If paying by installment payments by cheque, please provide post-dated cheques for your future installment payments.
Download and print copies of our STARSkate 2018-2019 Fall/Winter documents:
- 2018-2019 STARSkate On-Ice Schedule by Day
- 2018-2019 STARSkate On-Ice Schedule by Level
- 2018-2019 STARSkate Off-Ice Schedule
Fall/Winter 2018-2019 Skating Level Qualifications
Fall/Winter Schedule - subject to change
First Day: Sep 10, 2018
Last Day: May 27, 2019
No Skating:8-Oct Thanksgiving Day
24-Dec Winter Break
31-Dec Winter Break
18-Feb Family Day
11-Mar March Break
20-May Victoria Day
First Day: Sep 4, 2018
Last Day: May 28, 2019
No Skating:25-Dec Winter Break
1-Jan Winter Break
5-Feb High Test Day
12-Mar March Break
2-Apr High Test Day
First Day: Sep 5, 2018
Last Day: May 29, 2019
No Skating:31-Oct Halloween
14-Nov High Test Day
26-Dec Winter Break
2-Jan Winter Break
13-Mar March Break
First Day: Sep 6, 2018
Last Day: May 23, 2019
No Skating:20-Dec Family Fun Skate**
27-Dec Winter Break
3-Jan Winter Break
14-Mar March Break
30-May High Test Day
**Family Fun Skate will include an exception date for the CanSkate and the 7:20 PM Senior session only.
First Day: Sep 7, 2018
Last Day: May 24, 2019
No Skating:28-Dec Winter Break
4-Jan Winter Break
15-Mar March Break
5-Apr Hockey Tournament
19-Apr Good Friday
First Day: Sep 8, 2018
Last Day: May 25, 2019
No Skating:8-Dec Star 1-4 Assessment Comp
29-Dec Winter Break
5-Jan Winter Break
16-Mar March Break
6-Apr Hockey Tournament
Schedules and prices subject to change due to scheduling updates, errors & omissions.
Skills sessions will be managed by skaters' coaches in groups where applicable. Coaching fees are not included in session fees.
Fall/Winter 2018-2019 Refund Policy
SMSC has a no refund policy after the first 3 weeks (September 25, 2018) of the STARSkate program. No exceptions will be made. A pro-rated refund will be granted to any skater choosing to cancel their membership before September 25, 2018 by way of written notification. The amount refunded will be calculated using the pro-rated session fees from date of received notification of termination to the club less $25 administration fee and the Skate Canada membership fee of $36. Further to this, a credit may be issued for medical reasons only once the club receives a written document requesting a credit, due to lost skating time which consists of 4 or more consecutive weeks and accompanied by a Doctor’s Certificate. All credits of session fees will be pro-rated, minus the Skate Canada fee and Administration Fee.
Changes to registrations after September 11, 2018 will be subject to a $25 processing fee. Once a change is made, this change is considered final and further changes will not be accepted. There will be no fee to add a session.