To be a member in good standing at our Club, STARSkaters must skate a minimum of TWO regular sessions per week. Only skaters who register for 2 or more sessions are able to test and participate in club activities.
****In addition to the lesson fees shown below, each participant must pay:
- $44 Skate Canada membership fee, payable once per skating season (due upon registration).
- $75 Administration fee, due upon registration, to help cover online registration,website hosting, credit card processing as well as banking fees.
- $50 Fundraising support per family.
- $60 Non-Resident fee, payable once per skating season for all non-Mississauga residents (due upon assessment or residency by administrators).
- Changes to registrations after September 24, 2019 will be subject to a $25 processing fee. Once a change is made, this change is considered final and further changes will not be accepted. THIS FEE WILL BE ENFORCED. There will be no fee to add a session.
- All regular session fees can either be paid in full up front or in the following installments:
- 40% due upon registration
- 20% due on October 6, 2019
- 20% due on December 6, 2019
- 20% due on February 6, 2020
- All fees can be paid online by credit card or by cheque within 3 days of registration. If paying by installment payments by cheque, please provide post-dated cheques for your future installment payments.
New STARSkate Discount Structure
Starting with registration for our 2019-2020 Season, we are introducing a NEW DISCOUNT structure for our STARSkate members.
To qualify for a discount each individual STARSkater on an invoice must be registered for 3 on-ice sessions AND 1 off-ice session OR MORE per week for the 2019-2020 season. Discounts will be applied based on the total STARSkate program fees on the invoice (EXCLUDING other fees and products such as: Volunteer Buyout, Skate Canada Membership, STARSkate Fundraiser, STARSkate Admin Fee, Assessment Tickets, High Test Tickets and Guest Skate tickets) using the below table.
Important: This is a 1-time discount on the invoice at registration. Additional sessions added after will not be discounted.
Note: To maximize your discount and if you have multiple skaters in your family, you can register your skaters on 1 invoice BUT each individual STARSkater on the invoice must be registered for 3 on-ice sessions AND 1 off-ice session OR MORE per week for the 2019-2020 Season in order for the discount to be applied to the program fees on the entire invoice.
Download and print copies of our STARSkate 2019-2020 Fall/Winter documents:
- 2019-2020 STARSkate On-Ice Schedule by Day
- 2019-2020 STARSkate On-Ice Schedule by Level
- 2019-2020 STARSkate Skating Level Qualifications
Fall/Winter 2019-2020 Skating Level Qualifications
Fall/Winter 2019-2020 On-Ice Schedule
First Day: Sep 9
Last Day: May 11
No Skating:14-Oct Thanksgiving Day
23-Dec Winter Break
30-Dec Winter Break
17-Feb Family Day
16-Mar March Break
First Day: Sep 3
Last Day: May 5
No Skating:29-Oct High Test Day
24-Dec Winter Break
31-Dec Winter Break
17-Mar March Break
12-May High Test Day
First Day: Sep 4
Last Day: May 6
No Skating:25-Dec Winter Break
1-Jan Winter Break
12-Feb High Test Day
18-Mar March Break
First Day: Sep 5
Last Day: May 7
No Skating:31-Oct Halloween
19-Dec Family Fun Skate*
26-Dec Winter Break
2-Jan Winter Break
19-Mar March Break
*Family Fun Skate will include an exception date for the CanSkate and Senior/Competitive sessions only.
First Day: Sep 6
Last Day: May 8
No Skating:27-Dec Winter Break
3-Jan Winter Break
20-Mar March Break
3-Apr Hockey Tournament
10-Apr Good Friday
First Day: Sep 7
Last Day: May 9
No Skating:7-Dec Club Competition
28-Dec Winter Break
4-Jan Winter Break
21-Mar March Break
4-Apr Hockey Tournament
Schedules and prices subject to change due to scheduling updates, errors & omissions.
Stroking sessions will be managed by skaters' coaches in groups where applicable. Coaching fees are not included in session fees.
Fall/Winter 2019-2020 Refund Policy
SMSC has a no refund policy after the first 3 weeks (September 24, 2019) of the STARSkate program. No exceptions will be made. A pro-rated refund will be granted to any skater choosing to cancel their membership before September 24, 2019 by way of written notification. The amount refunded will be calculated using the pro-rated session fees from date of received notification of termination to the club less $25 administration fee and the Skate Canada membership fee of $44. Further to this, a credit may be issued for medical reasons only once the club receives a written document requesting a credit, due to lost skating time which consists of 4 or more consecutive weeks and accompanied by a Doctor’s Certificate. All credits of session fees will be pro-rated, minus the Skate Canada fee and Administration Fee.
Changes to registrations after September 24, 2019 will be subject to a $25 processing fee. Once a change is made, this change is considered final and further changes will not be accepted. There will be no fee to add a session.