To be a member in good standing at our Club, STARSkaters must skate a minimum of TWO regular sessions per week. Only skaters who register for 2 or more sessions are able to test and participate in club activities.
****In addition to the lesson fees shown below, each participant must pay:
- $44 Skate Canada membership fee, payable once per skating season (due upon registration).
- $75 Administration fee, due upon registration, to help cover online registration,website hosting, credit card processing as well as banking fees.
- $50 Fundraising support per family.
- $60 Non-Resident fee, payable once per skating season for all non-Mississauga residents (due upon assessment or residency by administrators).
- Changes to registrations after October 26, 2020 will be subject to a $25 processing fee. Once a change is made, this change is considered final and further changes will not be accepted. THIS FEE WILL BE ENFORCED. There will be no fee to add a session.
- All regular session fees can either be paid in full up front or in the following installments:
- 25% due upon registration
- 25% due on November 15, 2020
- 25% due on January 15, 2021
- 25% due on March 15, 2021
- All fees can only be paid online by credit card.
Download and print copies of our STARSkate 2020-2021 Fall/Winter documents:
- 2020-2021 StarSkate On-Ice Schedule by Day
- 2020-2021 StarSkate On-Ice Schedule by Level
- 2020-2021 StarSkate Off-Ice Schedule by Day
Fall/Winter 2020-2021 Skating Level Qualifications
Fall/Winter 2020-2021 On-Ice Schedule
|Mondays - October 5, 2020 to June 7, 2021 (30 sessions)|
|Tuesdays - October 6, 2020 to June 8, 2021 (31 sessions)|
|Wednesdays - October 7, 2020 to June 9, 2021 (32 sessions)|
|Thursdays - October 8, 2020 to June 10, 2021 (31 sessions)|
|Fridays - October 9, 2020 to June 4, 2021 (31 sessions)|
|Saturdays - October 10, 2020 to June 5, 2021 (31 sessions)|
Schedules and prices subject to change due to scheduling updates, errors & omissions.
Stroking sessions will be managed by skaters' coaches in groups where applicable. Coaching fees are not included in session fees.
STARSkate Discount Structure
Please note that due to some unforeseen circumstances, we will manually adjust your 2nd instalment to reflect any discounts that you should have received during online registration.
To qualify for a discount each individual STARSkater on an invoice must be registered for 3 or more on-ice sessions and 1 or more off-ice sessions per week for the 2020-2021 season. Discounts will be applied based on the total STARSkate program fees on the invoice (EXCLUDING other fees and products such as: Volunteer Buyout, Skate Canada Membership, STARSkate Fundraiser, STARSkate Admin Fee, Assessment Tickets, High Test Tickets and Guest Skate tickets) using the below table.
Fall/Winter 2020-2021 Refund Policy
SMSC has a no refund policy after the first 3 weeks (October 26, 2020) of the STARSkate program. No exceptions will be made. A pro-rated refund will be granted to any skater choosing to cancel their membership before October 26, 2020 by way of written notification. The amount refunded will be calculated using the pro-rated session fees from date of received notification of termination to the club less $25 administration fee and the Skate Canada membership fee of $44. Further to this, a credit may be issued for medical reasons only once the club receives a written document requesting a credit, due to lost skating time which consists of 4 or more consecutive weeks and accompanied by a Doctor’s Certificate. All credits of session fees will be pro-rated, minus the Skate Canada fee and Administration Fee.
Changes to registrations after October 26, 2020 will be subject to a $25 processing fee. Once a change is made, this change is considered final and further changes will not be accepted. There will be no fee to add a session.
COVID 19 Positive Test Results, Refund/Credit Policy
If for any reason a skater tests positive for COVID-19, SMSC will need medical documentation of the positive results before offering a refund or credit for missed skating sessions.