Register for CanSkate
If you joined us for our CanSkate last season, welcome back! If this is your first time registering for SMSC's CanSkate Session, welcome!
This page will take you through how to register for CanSkate with our club.
First, some details about our Upcoming season:
- PROGRAM IMPROVEMENTS -- We are always looking for ways to improve our CanSkate program. Based on parent and coach feedback, we are constantly implementing on-ice changes that are aimed at ensuring our skaters have the best possible experience in learning to skate or improving their skating skills with our club. We look forward to hearing your feedback!
- OFFICE HOURS DURING ALL CANSKATE SESSIONS -- Our Fall 2019 Office Hours begin on Wednesday, September 4 and Karen Hornsby, our Member Services Administrator, will be available in the SMSC Office inside Rink 3 as follows: Mondays — 6:30 - 7:30 pm; Wednesdays — 6:30 pm - 7:30 pm; Thursdays — 6:15 - 7:15 pm; Saturdays — 11:00 am - 12:00 pm. Karen can also help facilitate with parents who have questions for the on-ice CanSkate coordinator or coaches. As always, if you can’t get to the rink and you need assistance outside of regular office hours, please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- DISCOUNT OPTION -- Receive a 5% discount per skater on session fees if registering for both Session 1 and Session 2 at time of registration (single invoice). Discount will be reflected in the shopping cart. Discounts will not be applied retroactively if you add a session at a subsequent registration.
- ABOUT OUR FEES -- The City of Mississauga sets ice rental rates for their facilities, which includes Meadowvale 4 Rinks. The City has increased ice rental fees this year, and this slight increase is reflected in session fees.
Now, how to register:
Online Registration for our Fall/Winter sessions opens: August 23, 2019 7:00 pm
If you are a returning skater:
Please be sure that you use your login from registering in previous years. Your skater's information and records are kept with us to help us track your progress. As well, it allows us to identify that you are not required to attend our mandatory pre-assessment session. If you cannot remember your password, please reset your password using our Forget Password page. If you are encountering issues with accessing your account, please use our Contact Us page to get in touch with our administrators so we can verify your account.
Ensure your CanSkate participant meets the skating requirements
CanSkate is a learn-to-skate program with no previous skating experience required. CanSkate participants must:
- Be between the ages of 4 and 15 as of September 1, 2019 for Fall (session 1) and as of January 1, 2020 for Winter (session 2).
Be sure to read the CanSkate Fees, Policies & Refund Information page on this website.