Year-End Banquet - Friday May 26, 2017
This is one of the highlights of the year for our STARSkaters. We celebrate successes and recognize all the hard work and achievements of our skaters over the last season.
This evening event features a sit-down dinner, followed by the presentation of awards. Our skaters who have achieved Gold in any of the four disciplines (skills, freeskate, dance or interpretive) are recognized, as well as those skaters who have represented SMFSC in at least three area competitions.
Dress code is business casual (no jeans please). Our female skaters usually wear their favourite dresses and the male skaters sport their favourite dress shirt & pants.
Skaters must be supervised by an adult. If a skater is 13 and older they may attend solo only if they have written consent from their parent.
Doors Open: 5:45 PM
Reception: 6:15 PM
Dinner: 6:45 PM
Be sure to print your tickets with the link found in your order receipt page. You will be required to present your printed tickets at the banquet.
We look forward to seeing all our skaters there!
About the Awards
This event is an evening dedicated to acknowledging the hard work, commitment and achievement of our skaters. They are recognized for their volunteer commitment as well as their skating achievements in testing and competition.
Awards are presented to Skaters who qualify under the following categories:
- Represent SMFSC at 2 or more Invitational Competitions
- Represent SMFSC at the Sectionals Championships
- Qualify for the Eastern and Western Challenge
- Qualify for the Nationals
- Qualify at the COS STARSkate Championships for the Ontario STARSkate Championship
- Adult National Championship
- Qualify in Special Olympic Events
- Achieve a Gold Certificate for 1 (one) or more of the four Disciplines: Freeskate, Dance, Skills or Interpretive
- Special Awards are presented to skaters who reach Triple or Quadruple Gold
For clarification: Skaters will only receive one award for their competition achievements. Skaters who qualifiy for the Sectionals,Ontario, Adult Nationals or Special Olympics Award will receive a special award for their accomplishments. Skaters who qualify for Triple or Quad Gold (testing achievement) will also receive the competition award for which they have qualified.
The 2016/17 year-end Awards Banquet will be held Grand Banquet Hall