News[ View All ]
Get ready for our Family Fun Skate
Join us on Thursday, December 19th from 6:10 - 8 p.m. -- enjoy a skate with your family, some hot chocolate and a demo from our Synchro team
Keep Calm and Skate On!
For anyone who ordered these popular tee-shirts or totes, they will be available for pick-up at our Family Fun Skate on December 19th.
Welcome to the Streetsville Meadowvale FSC
We are Mississauga’s largest skating club, and we’ve been teaching skills, technique and sportsmanship to all levels of skaters in our community for the past 50 years. We offer a dynamic and comprehensive range of programs year-round – from learn to skate to recreational skating, figure skating and power skating – which improve the skills of our 600+ members.
SMFSC skaters, both male and female, range in age from 4 to adult. Our aim is to help each skater achieve his or her personal goals, enhance self-esteem and promote a healthy lifestyle. We do this by teaching high quality skating skills in a friendly, accessible, team-oriented environment.
Based in Rink 3 of Meadowvale 4 Rinks, we are a not-for-profit Skate Canada-sanctioned club with our year-round operations made possible thanks to our dedicated team of volunteers, who work alongside professional skating coaches.
Registration opens on Monday, November 25th at 11 a.m. for
our next SMFSC/Figure Skating Boutique seminar
Whether it's during Skate Canada tests or at an area competition, all skaters are at some point called upon to perform under pressure. We have brought together two amazing resources for a full-day seminar that will help every skater -- no matter what level of skill or experience -- in performing when it counts.
We are very excited to be welcoming World Champion Jeffrey Buttle and sports psychologist Mario Faveri to our next SMFSC/Figure Skating Boutique seminar -- Prepare to Perform. This seminar is being held at Meadowvale 4 Rinks, Rink 3, on January 20th (a PA day for both PDSB and DPDSB).
Our full-day session includes up to 2 hours of on-ice instruction + 3 hours of mental preparedness training. Skaters will sign in at 8:30 a.m. and will be supervised until 3:30 p.m. A healthy lunch will be provided.
Open to skaters in SS1, SS2, and SS3.
DON'T MISS OUT -- SPACE IS LIMITED!
REGISTRATION OPENS EXCLUSIVELY TO SMFSC MEMBER SKATERS ON MONDAY, NOVEMBER 25 AT 11 AM. Subject to availability, registration opens to skaters from other clubs on Monday, December 9th.
- Strong skating is a big differentiator for young hockey and ringette players. We have a number of sessions available throughout the 2013/14 season to get your player into peak form.
- Registration is NOW OPEN. Please check our CanPower Pages for more details.
- The program is led by professional power skating/figure skating coaches with extensive years of experience with players at all levels -- house league, A/AA/AAA, and up to the OHL.
- Skaters must be able to skate forwards/backwards and stop independently. On-ice instruction requires full hockey gear + sticks.
- STARSkate sessions begin on Tuesday, September 7th!
- For more information on our STARSkate program, go to our STARSkate Page
Synchro Skate Updates
- Our Synchro team has made great progress in their first month on the ice!
- For more information on our Synchro Skate program, go to our Synchro Skate Page
Important Notice about Club Dressing Rooms
Please see our policies page regarding dressing room usage.