News[ View All ]
Attention all SMFSC members
Please join us for our Annual General Meeting on Monday, May 13th at 7:30 p.m.
Take your edges & turns to a whole new level!
SMFSC is offering "Annie's Edges" -- a seminar for SS1/SS2 & SS3 skaters -- on Saturday, May 18th
Are You Interested in Becoming More Involved?We are looking for a few members who are interested in becoming more involved in the running of your club. Please contact us if you are interested and want more information.
Welcome to the Streetsville Meadowvale FSC
We are Mississauga’s largest skating club, and we’ve been teaching skills, technique and sportsmanship to all levels of skaters in our community for the past 50 years. We offer a dynamic and comprehensive range of programs year-round – from learn to skate to recreational skating, figure skating and power skating – which improve the skills of our 600+ members.
SMFSC skaters, both male and female, range in age from 4 to adult. Our aim is to help each skater achieve his or her personal goals, enhance self-esteem and promote a healthy lifestyle. We do this by teaching high quality skating skills in a friendly, accessible, team-oriented environment.
Based in Rink 3 of Meadowvale 4 Rinks, we are a not-for-profit Skate Canada-sanctioned club with our year-round operations made possible thanks to our dedicated team of volunteers, who work alongside professional skating coaches.
June Ice and Summer School
Registration for June Ice, Summer School & Summer Camp is now available.
PLEASE NOTE -- This registration is now open to both SMFSC and non-SMFSC skater registrations.
See the STARSkate section below for more information
- We use expert techniques to develop players' agility, acceleration and endurance through strong and controlled edges, quick turns and powerful stops and starts.
- The program is led by Kelly Shock, a professional power skating/figure skating coach with 13+ years of experience with players at all levels -- house league, A/AA/AAA, and up to the OHL.
- Skaters must be able to skate forwards/backwards and stop independently. On-ice instruction requires full hockey gear + sticks.
- Not sure what can hockey players learn from figure skaters? From Jeff Skinner to Brian Boyle, here's what they're saying in the NHL at www.nhl.com
- Our spring pre-tryout clinic has concluded. Stay tuned for more information on our next session.
- Registration for the Spring Pre-CanSkate and CanSkate sessions began February 19, 2013 at 11 AM.
- For more information about our CanSkate program, see the CanSkate Page
- Since moving to our new registration system, you will have to reset your account password before proceeding with registrations if you have registered with us previously.
- June ice for the Summer 2013 season is available for skaters who wish to continue skating after the spring session ends. Sessions will be available Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday evenings. Register now. For more information, see our STARSkate Schedule Page.
- Summer School update: This year's summer program will run Monday through Friday from July 8th through August 16th (except for holiday Monday August 5th). For the first three weeks, we are offering our SS1 & SS2 skaters a full-day program that includes an on- and off-ice session in the morning followed by transportation to Futures (Millcreek Drive) for organized activities in the afternoon. Registration is now open.
- For more information on our STARSkate program, go to our STARSkate Page
Income Tax Receipts for 2012
Important Notice about Club Dressing Rooms
Please see our policies page regarding dressing room usage.