Special Programs for STARSkaters to Develop Overall Skating Performance
Figure Skating Bootcamp by Flexafit
Figure Skater Bootcamp is a sport specific program designed for figure skaters. The program includes specialized focus on proper warm up exercises, with active, dynamic and sport specific components.
Some key features covered in the program are:
- Anaerobic circuits to improve lactate threshold so skaters can get through their solo without getting tired.
- Plyometrics, explosive exercises off one foot, bounding type, vertical jump work to improve height in jumps and quick twitch on rotation.
- Core/Balance: Stability exercises, muscular endurance exercises, cross rotational core exercises, back exercises, balance exercises.
- Upper Body- work on developing all the muscle groups to help improve quickness on take offs, in air positions.
- Lower body strength- Strength drills that are specific to skating
- Coordination/Speed/Agility- developing power, quick start, reaction time.
- Injury Prevention exercises- work on mobility drills to strengthen both superficial muscle groups and deep muscles used to stabilize body to prevent injuries
- Flexibility- increasing range of motion in joints for better functional performance, increase flexibility through various stretch techniques
Date: August 4, 2017
Time: 9:00am-10:00am (Intermediate), 10:00am-11:00am (Junior), 11:00am-12:00pm (Senior)
Instructor: Signe Ronka (Founder of Flexafit)
For Junior skaters who are in week 5 extended camp, the fee of this workship is included in your camp fee.
Please visit Flexafit for more information. Be sure to watch some of the demo videos.