Register for CanSkate
If you joined us for our CanSkate during 2015/2016 season, welcome back! If this is your first time registering for SMFSC's CanSkate Session, welcome!
This page will take you through how to register for CanSkate with our club.
First, some details about our Upcoming season:
- PROGRAM IMPROVEMENTS -- We are always looking for ways to improve our CanSkate program. Based on parent and coach feedback, we will be implementing some on-ice changes that are aimed at ensuring our skaters have the best possible experience in learning to skate or improving their skating skills with our club. We look forward to hearing your feedback!
- NEW -- OFFICE HOURS DURING ALL CANSKATE SESSIONS -- For the first time, thanks to our Ontario Trillium Foundation grant, SMFSC will be able to offer on-site assistance for member queries via regularly scheduled office hours. Our Fall 2015 Office Hours begin on Wednesday, September 7th and Karen Hornsby, our Member Services Administrator, will be available in the SMFSC Office inside Rink 3 as follows: Mondays — 5:30 - 7:30 pm; Wednesdays — 5:30 pm - 7:30 pm; Thursdays — 6:00 - 7:30 pm; Saturdays — 10:45 am - 12:15 pm. Karen can also help facilitate with parents who have questions for the on-ice CanSkate coordinator or coaches. As always, if you can’t get to the rink and you need assistance outside of regular office hours, please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- NEW -- PARENT INFORMATION SESSIONS, INCLUDING IN MANDARIN -- CanSkate Parent Information Sessions will be offered during the first week of CanSkate sessions. These sessions are essential for new CanSkate families but they will also include useful information for those who have skated with us before. Please stay tuned -- we will advise you later this month, as soon as the Parent Info Sessions are available for registration. One of these sessions will be offered in Mandarin, for those members who prefer to hear this information this way. This is another SMFSC activity facilitated by our grant from the Ontario Trillium Foundation.
- ABOUT OUR FEES -- The City of Mississauga sets ice rental rates for their facilities, which includes Meadowvale 4 Rinks. The City has increased ice rental fees by approximately 3% this year, and this slight increase is reflected in session fees.
Now, how to register:
Online Registration for our Fall/Winter sessions opens: August 11, 2016 7:00 pm
If you are a returning skater:
Please be sure that you use your login from registering in previous years. Your skater's information and records are kept with us to help us track your progress. As well, it allows us to identify that you are not required to attend our mandatory pre-assessment session. If you cannot remember your password, please reset your password using our Forget Password page. If you are encountering issues with accessing your account, please use our Contact Us page to get in touch with our administrators so we can verify your account.
Ensure your CanSkate participant meets the skating requirements
CanSkate is a learn-to-skate program with no previous skating experience required. CanSkate participants must:
- Be between the ages of 4 and 15 as of September 1, 2016 for session 1 and as of January 1, 2017 for session 2 and March 1, 2017 for session 3
Be sure to read the CanSkate Fees, Policies & Refund Information page on this website.