Streetsville Meadowvale FSC 2016/2017 CanPower Registration
This page will take you through how to register for CanPower with our club.
August 18, 2016
CanPower Level 1 (3 Saturdays, Sept 10, 17 & 24)
August 18, 2016
***CANCELLED DUE TO LOW ENROLMENT***
CanPower Level 2 (6 sessions, Wednesday Sept 7, Thursday Sept 8, Saturday Sept 10, Monday Sept 12, Wednesday Sept 14, Thursday Sept 15
How to register:
Ensure your CanPower skater meets the skating requirements
CanPower is not a learn-to-skate program. To learn more about learning to skate through SMFSC’s CanSkate program, click here.
CanPower (ages 5+) is an action-packed, high energy power skating program that focuses on balance, power, agility, speed and endurance. Our coaches teach skills, techniques and conditioning drills in a progressive format that emphasizes how skills apply to game situations. Developed by a team of hockey, figure skating and ringette experts, CanPower is the only nationally regulated power skating program in Canada.
By registering online all skaters/parents agree to all SMFSC policies, Skater’s Code of Conduct and Athlete’s Release as outlined in the online waiver prior to registration.
Schedule is subject to revision based on skater registration should the SMFSC Board of Directors deem necessary. SMFSC cannot guarantee that all sessions will be held at Meadowvale-4-Rinks on Rink 3. Due to maintenance, over booking or other reasons, the City may relocate SMFSC to another rink.
Age requirements: CanPower participants must be 5 + years old on the first day of the session in which the skater is registered.
For the CanPower Level 1
Skaters must be able to push with both feet, skate backwards and forwards, and stop independently in at least 1 direction, complete a one foot glide on each foot moving forward over a distance of 10 feet OR the skater must have passed CanSkate Level 3. Skaters must be 5 + at the date of registration.
For CanPower Level 2
Skaters must be able to push with both feet, skate backwards and forwards, and stop independently in at least 1 direction, complete a one foot glide on each foot moving forward over a distance of 10 feet OR the skater must have passed CanSkate Level 3. In addition to these prerequisites skaters must be able to complete forward crosscuts, and complete a backward glide from blue line to blue line on each foot. Skaters must be 9 + years of age as of the date of registration, unless permission has been given by the head CanPower coach.
We reserve the right to regroup skaters based on suitability for their skating level.
- Equipment: CSA approved hockey helmets are required, and helmet cages are strongly recommended. Skaters must wear full hockey gear (shoulder pads, elbow pads, hockey pants, shin pads, gloves, neck guard) and hockey skates. Mouthguards are recommended but not required. Gear is not available to rent, so participants must make arrangements to have full gear by the first session. Participants without appropriate gear will not be permitted on the ice.
- Supervisor Requirement: SMFSC requires that there be an adult responsible for the participant, present in either rink 3 or the lobby during the duration of the class.
- No Make ups for Missed Classes: Skaters sign up for a specific session and cannot be accommodated on another session if they have to miss a day for any reason.
- Cancelled Classes: SMFSC cannot make up a class or provide a refund if there is a cancellation due to severe weather or other circumstances beyond the control of SMFSC.
- Refund Policy: See details of our refund policy below.
Skate Canada Membership Fees
When you sign up for a skating program at our club, you are required to also become a member of Skate Canada. This annual $36 fee is valid from Sept. 1 2016 to Aug. 31, 2017 (you will only pay it once during a season, no matter how many CanPower or other sessions you register for). It includes insurance coverage, along with access to all Skate Canada programs.
This fee does not stay with the club, but is sent on to Skate Canada in Ottawa. For more information about Skate Canada, visit www.skatecanada.ca.
Be sure to review the CanPower Fees, Policies & Refunds page